Saturday, May 10, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

Friday night was "Take me out to the ballgame" for The West House. A bunch of people from our church got together and ordered tickets to a Greenville Drive game, as we do every Spring. I'm ashamed to say this is the only time I go to a Drive game. I don't know why because it's good, fun entertainment that is reasonably priced. Yeah, sure, there is beer sold and people all around are drinking it but I've never seen anyone drinking to excess and acting stupid.

We took Noah to the game again this year and when we got in sight of the lights at the field he started singing "Take me out to the ball game. Take me out to........" and from there God only knows what he was singing. Melba and I started singing it using the correct words and he said "That's okay. I like my words better." What are you supposed to say to that??? So we let him sing it and we listened politely.


This is him entering the ballpark.

No, I don't know who that is he's following, but he was ready to get in to see the game.



Here are a few more pictures of him enjoying the game.






I know I'm not, nor have I ever claimed to be, the sharpest knife in the drawer (shut up, Jessi !) but on the couple of times I've been to a Drive game I still haven't figured out the mascot. How in the world do you associate the Greenville Drive with a frog? Anyone care to enlighten me on that one?



The only thing I can come up with is that I've run over a few frogs when I was driving. HA HA, Get it? Oh well.


After the game, there was a fireworks display that any Fourth of July celebration would be proud to claim as it's own. You could probably buy a brand new Yugo for what they spent on fireworks. I tried to get pictures but you know how cameras set on the night setting don't work real well on moving objects but here's the result of my attempt.



Here's a picture of Noah and his "She's not my girlfriend, she's just a friend", Lexi, just as the fireworks ended and we were getting ready to leave. She's cuter than a speckled pup under a red wagon.

After the fireworks ended, we started out.


And Noah decides he wants a doughnut. He wants to go to that place, "You know, that's far away and they have machines that take the doughnuts and they go this-a-way and they go under this, you know, icing thingy, and then they keep on going and then they're doughnuts, You know, Grandaddy, Mama said it's beside this place where they have bars on the windows and they have these gate things, Mama said it was a jail and all the bad guys were in there." I knew exactly where he was talking about. My favorite place, KrispyKreme. And....... after he put that thought in my head, I knew I'd never make it to the one beside the jail in Spartanburg but I knew where there was one a lot closer. So.......... off to Pleasantburg Drive we went. When we pulled in the parking lot he said" Yeah, this is the place." and he couldn't wait to get out of his seatbelt. I beat him out of the Jeep and he hollered "WAIT, GRANDADDY. WAIT ON ME!!!!" which I did. When we walked in the door he said "See Grandaddy. I told you. They have machines." like I didn't already know that. I believe I could lay down under that icing spigot and drink myself sick. I forgot to take the camera in to get pictures of him tearing up that chocolate covered doughnut with sprinkles, dadgummit. Those would have been some good pictures, but I couldn't have taken them anyway cause both of my hands were full of doughnuts too. I love that place!

1 comment:

Rebel Fan said...

Those are good pictures, Robbo. and I don't get the frog thing either. -Carol