Monday, September 29, 2008

New Cadillac

I'm finding out that getting older is no fun. About three or four months ago I went to the Optometrist because I wasn't seeing too well, even with my glasses. I found out that my left eye had gotten much worse since my last exam. It went from a +.50 to a -1.50 what ever that means. I think it's a lot. He told me I was getting a new cataract and I said "Great! I've always wanted a new Cadillac, but what are you, a physic? How do you know I'm getting a new Cadillac" and he said "No, I said cataract.". I said "I'm not old enough to be getting a cataract!" and he said "You must be cause you've got one forming." He told me then that I could probably go another few years before I would have to have it removed. Well,,,,,, after three months, three new pairs of glasses with the new prescription and two new pairs of prescription sunglasses, I go back because I can see better far off without my glasses than I can with them. Now he tells me that the vision in my left eye is a lot worse than it was three months ago and that the cataract has progressed a lot faster than he thought it would and it's ready to come off. It's a good thing Mel is an Optician and I get a discount on all of those glasses or I'd be really mad instead of just a little perturbed (is that a word???). At this point in time I haven't decided what I'm going to do or when I'm going to do it. It may be that I let it go for a while and get me one of those cool looking black patches to go over my left eye, the kind that gives you that mysterious look. Who knows??? What I do know is that getting older sucks but it does beat the alternative.

1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

You could be a pirate! That would RAWK!