Monday, May 19, 2008

My New Song

In my previous post I talk about the songwriting talents of Dottie Rambo. While I don't claim to have any songwriting talents of my own, I have just written a short chorus. It's sung to the tune of a song found in the Methodist Hymnal, "The Lord of the Dance" (chorus only). Any good Methodist knows the song I'm talking about. You're already humming it in your mind. For the rest of you guys, visit a Methodist Church and look in the index of the hymnal. I'll be typing in all CAPS to emphasize the significance of the message contained therein. I call it "Ode To Growing Old".



Here goes:



PAIN, PAIN, IN EVERY JOINT THERE'S PAIN.

WHEN YOU GET OLD, YOU WILL HAVE JOINT PAIN.

IN THE KNEES AND THE HIPS, AND IN THE SHOULDERS TOO,

AND THE BAD THING IS, THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO.





Who knows? This could be the start of a new career for me. I could be famous one day and you all can say "I knew him when...........". What do you think? Come on, give me some feedback. I can take it!

No comments: