Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Eagles and Turkeys

You've heard the old saying "It's hard to soar with eagles when you work with a bunch of turkeys.", right? Well it's true. Another saying I've learned recently is "You can't send a duck to eagle school.", also very true. Why is it that all warehouse atmospheres breed turkeys?



It seems that my frail attempts to witness fall on deaf ears but then I remember that it may not be my job to reap, but only to sow. One thing I've found that keeps me sane and not diving into the firey pits of hell is to go to http://www.youtube.com/ and search on different southern gospel artist. I don my headphones and listen to song after song, minimized in another window. One of my favorites is "Hear My Song, Lord" by the Gaithers, which was featured on their Hiwaiian video. All the while I'm typing away on the keyboard in an open window, fixing a mutitude of problems for the day.



So, while all of the turkeys are scurrying about the warehouse, in and out of my office, shouting their obsenities, I'm sitting there having church at my desk leaving them wondering why I have a grin on my face.

No comments: