Friday, July 25, 2008

Beach 2008 (part 2)

Picking up where I left off, Saturday at Broadway At The Beach.

When they tore down the Pavillion on Ocean Blvd. It was the end of an era that I hated to see end. I have some great memories at that place all the way back to my early childhood. We always vacationed at my aunt and uncle's house in Georgetown. Usually two or three weekends every summer. Mama and Aunt Dot would always carry us to Pawley's Island on Saturday mornings to play in the ocean. Then we'd go back to Georgetown to clean up to go to Murrell's Inlet for supper. After supper, we got to go to the Pavillion to drop quarters in the games and to ride the rides across the street. Sometimes we'd get a corndog at Peach's Corner and always go shopping at the Gay Dolphin to round out the trip. Then I have memories of taking our kids there to ride the rides and put money into the video games. It's just sad to see that go.

I said all of that to say that they moved some of the rides out to Broadway, especially the kid rides. Here's the boys having fun on those.
Look Ma! No Hands
She's a good Mama.
Noah got a little bored with the cars but Tucker was dilligent in his driving.
Anchors aweigh my boys

I never would have thought in a million years that Noah would want to ride this, but he did, and loved it.

I guess you can tell we're into group pictures.

Big Brother trying to teach Tucker how to do the thumbs up sign.

He couldn't quite get the hang of it.

"Oh well! I love him anyway."

Patiently waiting on Mama to bring him some Ben & Jerry's

Of course, the weather was great again on Sunday as we were leaving so we had to take one more group picture for the road.

That just about does it for the beach trip. I have about a hundred more pictures that I could share but I think you're probably board with it by now.

1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

Those swing rides are fun! It makes me want to find somewhere I can ride one!